Monday, September 27, 2004

Climate of Fear in US

Gene Expression
Back in 2000 I had a Bush sticker on my car, it was keyed and eventually replaced by a stranger with a Gore sticker, both acts cost me a few hundred dollars. My sister, a pugnacious conservative, had 5 signs stolen from her lawn in 5 consecutive days, culminating in a sixth one being burned on her lawn.

This is the climate of fear that we live in and one of many reasons I do not like extreme lefties (now, as a note I don't have anything against moderate Democrats, and there are many of them). I believe it comes out of the fact that, being largely non-religious, politics is their religion. The comport themselves with an air of self-righteousness, and believe their political opponets are less than human and are deserving of no respect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home