Monday, September 27, 2004

Reasons not to vote for Bush

Being completely lazy I'll just steal this from Direland
TODAY'S Washington Post--under the rubric "Young and Gay in Real America"--has a lengthy profile of Michael, a 17 year old gay teenager struggling to be true to his identity while growing up in the hostile surround of Oklahoma. It's a smart, sensitive piece--and ought to be forcefed to all those who don't understand the depth of gay anger at being scapegoated and turned into a political football by the Bush-Rove Republicans. Credit Anne Hull for the first-rate work....The homophobic electoral campaign by the American Taliban of the Christian Right--whom Karl Rove has moblized so effectively as his shock troops through the anti-gay Federal Marriage Amendment--is laid out in a chilling Associated Press dispatch this morning.

2 Comments:

Blogger sagenz said...

dont go all sullivan on me fella! I was starting to make you one of my daily must reads. The GOP policy on gays may be wrong, but it is not the most important part of their policies.

28 September 2004 at 9:12 AM  
Blogger Sock Thief said...

No. I won't be backing away from spporting Bush's foreign policy but I felt I had to indiacte the areas in which I don't agree. Since I'm asking my fellow comarades on the Left to show sort of perspective.

28 September 2004 at 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home