Friday, October 29, 2004

Nick Cohen on the anti-war movement

The great liberal betrayal
Muhsin describes the history of Iraqi unions, how their members were executed or driven underground by Saddam, while "yellow" unions were established to do the regime's bidding. The federation opposed the war and wants the occupation to end as soon as possible, but has earned the hatred of the anti-war movement because it has the cheek to regard the Ba'athists and the Islamists who want to kill them as the greater enemy, and the IFTU is winning round to its point of view those who are serious about left-wing politics.

2 Comments:

Blogger happy-thoughts said...

Nice blog. I seen the site and I adored the work,
that I want to visit it more each day! I like
searching for blogs that have the same content like
this one!
I'm looking at the possibility of checking your same day cash advance blog.

6 February 2006 at 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Online Poker Sites said...

Quite right! It seems to me it is good idea. I agree with you.

19 May 2011 at 4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home